Anmol Chat Masala
Anmol Chat masala is a Pakistani Spice Blend, a tangy condiment that perks up the flavors of salads, Fruit, Fish, Meat and vegetables. It is like an all-purpose Pakistani/ Indian Seasoning. Anything flavored with chaat masala will develop a delicious authentic flavor and fragrance. Chat masala can be used either before or after cooking. It is a flavorsome blend of spice.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick wok or skillet
- fry prepared fried onions for 3 minutes add in the ginger/garlic paste and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until the tomatoes slightly cook down
- Add in the Anmol Bombay Biryani masala mixtures and cook for 3-5 minutes until a paste forms
- Add chicken pieces and fry for 3 minutes
- Add in yogurt and ¾ cup of water, cover pan with a lid, and cook for 15-20 minutes until paste chicken is cooked and the masala is thick
- Set the masala mixture aside
- Heat up a large pot of generously salted boiling water
- Cook rice until the rice is 85% cooked.
- In a large pan put half of the rice mixture, the chicken masala mixture (reserving some mixture for the top), half of the cilantro, the remaining rice, the remaining masala, remaining cilantro in that order
- top off the top of the biryani with a dusting of the colored powder on top of the rice
- Cover with lid give dum and serve warm.
- 1 Kg chicken
- 5 cups basmati rice, rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 package Anmol Bombay Biryani masala
- 1 cup prepared fried onions
- 3 tbsp. ginger/garlic paste
- ¼ cup Oil Ghee
- 6 chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup yogurt, whisked
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- red, yellow, or orange food dye powder (available at Indian grocery stores)
- Serving suggestion: Serve it with Raita and raw vegetables.